Butternut Squash Soup
Makes 3 small bowls
- 2 cups of roasted butternut squash
- 1 small onion or 1/2 large onion diced
- 1 small apple or 1/2 large apple peeled and diced (optional)
- 1/2 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup milk
- 3-4 sprigs of sage
- dash of cinnamon, nutmeg, and curry powder
- Heat butter in a small pot until melted and hot.
- Sautee onions and apple until caramelized. Add butternut squash and cook until warmed.
- Add in chicken stock and scrape up brown bits on the bottom of the pot.
- Use an immersion blender or normal blender and blend until smooth.
- Add in milk, sage and spices. Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring frequently.